Sunday, November 1, 2015

There's people out there like you.

Over two years ago I became a mother to my daughter, Emery.  There has never been anything else like it in my whole life; easily the most rewarding thing I've have done in my 28 years of existence.  But it has not gone without it's challenges, as being a military spouse and a full-time student are also additional roles that I fulfill in this existence.

Miles away from my home of origin, displaced from all the familiar faces that I have been fortunate enough to call family and friends have also not been the easiest of circumstances.

Simply put, while I am a mother, a military spouse, and a full-time student, there is a feeling of having not much time or energy to fulfill the part of having my own identity.  Some days I tend to wander off in my own thought processes and feel a void of not quite knowing who I am anymore, beyond the roles that I fulfill.

I certainly can presume that there are other individuals that feel similarly;  I myself am an introvert, so it can be difficult to connect to others that get my drift.  This is what this blog will seek in providing: a place for others that fulfill so many roles and responsibilities in their life and yet feel somewhat lost in the Wonderland of it all to find themselves again.

And sometimes, a little music helps me find my way back again. 



2 comments:

  1. Your blog sounds like it will be very interesting; I could never imagine what you are experiencing. I wish you luck in all that you are doing, and I hope that soon you will get the rest that it sounds like you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathrine; your kind and empathetic words are beyond appreciated, more than I can compel to you on here.

    ReplyDelete